About Me

My photo
Child of God. Husband. Father of four. Pastor.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Psalm 51

A genuine prayer of repentance and contrition always involves the recognition of two realities:
1) My real sin--not disembodied; not esoteric; but totally affecting me physically, mentally, emotionally, and relationally.
2) God's real love--were it not for this, I would be hopeless in my sin and could expect only condemnation.
My sin is as real as bread and wine, as real as the man on the cross.
God's love is as real as bread and wine, as real as the man on the cross.
Could not a God who works so tangibly not truly cleanse my body and spirit of the sin that stains? Could not a God who works so tangibly not truly draw me to Himself? Could not a God who works so tangibly not truly "renew a right spirit within me"?
A genuine prayer of repentance and contrition leads always (eventually, if not right away) to joy--joy borne out of gratitude and restoration, peace and freedom.
Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment