About Me

My photo
Child of God. Husband. Father of four. Pastor.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Travel in 2017

2017 was a good year for travel. While I am grateful for the community in which I live, "getting out of Dodge" is a vital part of my mental health regimen. The breakdown by month:

January--Los Angeles, California for meetings with my "Resurrection Hope in the Medical Age" consortium and the faculty of Biola University.
Surfers as seen from the boardwalk at Huntington Beach.

February--Naples, Florida with my wife and friends Nick & Amy Van Es for a quick winter getaway.
Naples, Florida date night.

March--Ski Loveland (Colorado) with Channon for Rocky Mountain skiing.
Ski Loveland on a perfect March afternoon.

April--Holland, Michigan for more meetings with my consortium and the faculty of Western Theological Seminary.

May--Grounded.

June--Oxford, Mississippi and Anna Maria Island, Florida for a spectacular summer vacation.
Anna Maria Island on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
July--Estes Park, Colorado for a couple of days in the mountains with the FRC youth group.

August--Chicago, Illinois for a wedding.
Michigan Avenue in Chicago on a Saturday night. We love you, Hannah & Elliott! (I was there to officiate their wedding.)

September--Vail & Boulder, Colorado for my annual pilgrimage to the mountains for silence and solitude.
On Half Moon Trail in the Mount of the Holy Cross Wilderness Area.

October--Tuscaloosa, Alabama with Ian, Isaiah, Dad, and Jim for the Else football trip.
November--Grounded.
Bryant-Denny Stadium on the campus of the University of Alabama. Roll Tide!

December--Philadelphia, Pennsylvania & New York, New York to visit Tuck.
At the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment