About Me

My photo
Child of God. Husband. Father of four. Pastor.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Books

It is a bit of slow season for reading, but here is the current list:
The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald--a delightful bedtime read for Annie (and occasionally Isaiah), though she isn't so sure about the goblin part...
The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers--another splendid mystery starring Lord Peter Death Wimsey.
The Dark Tower and Other Stories by C.S. Lewis--just finished this collection of short stories; the title story, in particular, is wonderful (however unfinished). This small tome was published posthumously by Lewis' secretary, who sorted through old manuscripts to find these gems. The title story is truly extraordinary, and makes me wish I'd never read the space trilogy if only to have the expectant joy in reading them for the first time. (What an awkward sentence; I mean only to say that I liked the space trilogy very much.)
Idolatry by Moshe Habertal and Avishai Margalit. This is a slow one. Very dense. Very good.
I am very much interested in reading Iron War, the story of the 1989 Ironman World Championship duel between Mark Allen and Dave Scott. There is also a book about the early days of MTV that looks rather interesting.
It is my birthday on November 25...you are most welcome to send me these books or any Father Brown mystery (Chesterton).
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment